A VIBRANT CHURCH:
Planning for the Future of our Parish
Father Bernie Weldishofer of St. Francis de Sales Parish and I would like to thank our parishioners who attended the Parish Pastoral Region meeting on March 23, 2015 at Great Wolf Lodge. We would also like to thank Father Len Wenke, Archdiocese of Cincinnati Director of the Department of Pastoral Services, and Bishop Joe Binzer, the Priests' Personnel Director of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, for meeting with us. There were several important topics brought up at the meeting, including:
- The Archdiocese does not have any plans for any of the parishes in the Archdiocese of
Cincinnati to close, combine or merge.
- St. Francis de Sales Parish and St. Philip The Apostle will become one "pastoral
region" and we will begin to share one pastor, effective July 1, 2015.
- Father Bernie Weldishofer will serve as the first pastor of our "pastoral region."
- This pastoral region planning process is taking place at many other parishes in
the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, and more than 100 parishes already share a pastor.
- St. Philip The Apostle representatives on the Pastoral Regional Coordinating
Committee are: Fr. Ron, Lisa Williams (Pastoral Council Member), Fred
Vonderhaar (Finance Council Member), Carvel Steinke and Brian Boon ("at
Please visit http://catholiccincinnati.org/ministries-offices/pastoral-regions/for more
information about the pastoral region planning process in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
The video "A Conversation about Change" on this webpage might be especially helpful.
We will continue to keep you updated on the planning that is occurring. In the meantime,
we ask you to to continue to pray for our parishes. Thank you.
Father Ron Piepmeyer